Views
Helpful
Replies

T1-CAS and Ghost Calls

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

we just implemented a CCME 4.2 (c3825-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.XW3) solution that for the most part works great. i have however, encountered an issue that ive not seen before. we have a T1-CAS configured and did a connection plar to a hunt group.

now calls in and our are fine however, when phones are idle, they receive rings from the PSTN but its not actually a call. more of a ghost call. this is happening every half hour or so but not too sure where to start.

attached are the debug voice ccapi inout logs i asked the customer to collect. im not a guru in reading the debugs, but it seems to me that the router thinks its an actual call, thus leading me to beleive the issue is signaling. below are the times and extensions that are ringing with the ghost calls. any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

7:04pm 22018, 22019

7:24pm 22018, 22019

7:28pm 22018, 22019

7:31pm 22018, 22019

7:38pm 22018, 22019

7:41pm 22018, 22019

7:43pm 22018, 22019

7:45pm 22018, 22019

28 Replies 28

Hi Nick,

The url you provided is for AS58XX hardware, we will be using ISR 2800. So can what you mentioned be done on an ISR as well?

Also when you say mix of wink/immediate start FGD trunks are we saying half for inbound and half for outbound meaning the ones configured for inbound can "not" be used for outbound and same for the other direction?

As I mentioned before, FDG for the ISR routers is currently broken (not configurable), for this reason I developed a custom script.

The requisite is that telco can configure it, they may call it something like "delimited format" rather than FGD.

Sorry I posted nick before posting my response to you. I think we are on the same page.

So with your script, and if the SP can give me delimiter support, can you get ANI/DNIS and do all the channels work in both directions or do you need to split them into inbound and outbound trunks?

Ryan

Yes. The script is together with others of mine at http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name-anidnis.tcl

I do not charge for it as-is since some saint contributed already to it but if you need further work contact me privately.

Hi Ryan,

If the provider would send the digits as *ANI*CLID* then you will have problems.

There's an open enhancement for non 5x00 platforms for support of this method.

For more details, you can check out this bug: CSCef51564

Otherwise, you should be able to run FGD on an ISR.

hth,

nick

Ah great, I'll reference explicitly the bugid in my script then.

Guys

the issue was related to the carrier and they had to reterminate thier lines.

Just to follow up on this:

I was a bit unnerved that FGD would be that broken in ISRs, so I went closer to the source. Basically - the *ANI*CLID* format of DTMF caller id more or less a workaround the caller id limitation of cas circuits. This is commonly a premium service that you can get on non FGD/EANA circuits to have caller ID.

For FGD circuits, we should see winks between the ANI and Caller ID so it should be a non issue.

So the script that you've written is designed for CAS circuits that utilize this 'supplementary' feature that some providers use that not covered under normal telephony standards. On the 5x00 series, this native however.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

nick

Indeed it does. Thanks Nick.

Ok so the long and short of T1-CAS on and ISR here is what I can expect.

ANI will not work unless the SP offers the service and we write a custom script to support the delimeter format

So lets say we don't get DNIS will DID's fail to function?

Again we have to go T1-CAS or analog we do not have a choice of other services int he area. We were thinking of going to T1-CAS for two reasons. To get Analog DID you have lines that are used for inbound only and you need to get more lines for outbound. So to put that much analog in you either need a very big gateway or multiple gateways with a bunch of analog. Very expensive. Second reason is that we were hoping that DID would still work at but is this not the case?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Maybe you missed this part of the discussion - the script is for providers that offer supplementary (non standard) *ANI*CLID* DTMF on CAS links.

You can still receive caller-id with normal CAS FGD circuits. These circuits use a wink system that does not require the DTMF method, and you will be fine running this on an ISR.

You can set up a T1 that is half EANA/wink-start, half FGD. Have the provider route incoming calls to your FGD interface for incoming caller id. Use your EANA or wink-start circuit for outbound calls so that you may send caller ID. You can create both of these on the same T1 controller interface, without additional resources.

Is this more or less what you're looking to do?

hth,

nick

Yes this is what I'm looking to.

Question, the half that I allocate to be inbound or FGD. Can they also be used as outbound? I was thinking using the EANA for all the outbound but during peak hours have them overflow to the FGD ones if it's possible. I understand Caller-id will be lost for those calls that overflow but at least it gets through

Hi Ryan,

Yes, they are both bi-directional protocols and you shouldn't have problems doing that.

hth,

nick

Nick and PB

Thanks for your feedback very helpful. I rated your earlier posts.

My next challenge is going to be communicating what I need to provision these circuits to the SP. If I want half FGD and half EANA/wink-start, I hope this will be a none issue.

Thanks Ryan