Helpful
Replies

talking too loud message?

alwayslearning
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM System version: 11.5.1.15900-18

Phones 8811 firmware sip88xx.12-7-1-0001-393

Users in two different buildings are reporting their phones are beeping and flashing a message on the phone display telling them they are being too loud. Initially I thought they were talking about paging and that someone was playing jokes. But the message displays on the phone screen, the only sound is a beeping tone.

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

New feature on the 12.7 FW, review the RN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I found it. Is there a way to turn that off in Call Manager or does it have to be done from the phone?

Hello,

You can definitely disable it via the phone settings, but only Via the device menu and not centrally  via the CUCM.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

@alwayslearning wrote:

Is there a way to turn that off in Call Manager or does it have to be done from the phone?

Check out CSCvt04894.
NOTE: This is a "feature request".

FYI, CSCvt04894 is now implemented in v12.8.1 and disabled by default.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is "Lower your Voice" Notification and it was introduced on firmware 12.7. This is a feature that could be disabled.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

is there a way to send curl or xml commands to disable this feature remotely? 

3rd party apps like Variphy (probably others) can run macro's to replicate the button presses necessary to disable this feature at a device level.  You can run it against device types, devices pools...it can also be scheduled to run off hours.

This is what I just finished doing for about 2,500 phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: