I am integrating 2 Tandberg EX90 as SIP with CUCM 8.5. The integration is working and i can make calls between the two systems.
However, i cannot go beyond 512 Kbps as a call rate knowing that in CUCM region the max video call rate is set to 3840.
If i initiate a call from EX90 using a bitrate of 128 Kbps, the call is occuring at this rate. But when i initiate a call from EX90 using a bitrate above 512, the call is occuring at 512.
Is there any limitation in SIP video call or shall it work?
I need to make Full HD calls between the 2 EX90 using CUCM.
Thank you in advance.
it works with CUCM 8.6(2a) including BFCP and TC4.2.1:
- use Third Party SIP Device
- configure Digest User Authentication (including an End User with username=extension to keep it simple)
- check location and region config (configure enough video bandwith beetween the used regions)
- check if BFCP is enabled
- configure Extension Line
- check Calling Search Space config
on EX90, C20 etc.
- set SIP Device URI to [extension]@[CUCM IP]
- set username / password for the configured CUCM Enduser
- User CUCM IP for SIP Proxy
- set default calling procoll to SIP (Default=H.323)
- check default call Bandwith setting
- check maximum Bandwith setting
- check Video Setting at Video Input 1 -> should be set to "sharpness" for 1080p (otherwise maximum quality would be 720p)
this could also work with CUCM Releases prior 8.6(2a), except BFCP.
Upgraded today to CUCM 8.6(2a) and it worked. Full HD call between a C20 and EX90.
Seems this limitation is finally solved in version 8.6
However, i tried to add the EX90 as EX90 device type in CUCM (not as SIP advanced third party) but it did not register, i read some threads that it works only with TC5 as firmware, not sure about it.
Has anyone succeeded to make the EX90 register with CUCM as EX90 device type in phone configuration (not as SIP advanced third party) ?
Thanks all for your replies