Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI in CME

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I install TAPI on CME in order to dial from outlook. when I try to dial from outlook I get error message: "Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the other program is finished."

thanks for your suggestion

Alex

4 Replies 4

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

On your CME, perform "show ephone tapi" and see what the other device is. The output should give you an ip address that should indicate what other device is registering to the CME.

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure if you have heard yet, Cisco is coming out with a product, Unified CallConnector, which will perform the same functionality, plus have alot of other added features. You can get the software here and run it in trial mode to test out functionality.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callconnector-ms

Regards,

Tony

I've installed this... does anyone else find it to be pretty buggy software?

Some issues include...

1. The highlight tool in IE works sometimes, but usually not.

2. Right-click on the system tray icon, click dial, and enter a number and it gives an error "This is not a valid phone number."

3. The bubble that pops up in the lower right has a hang-up option which only works sometimes. Sometimes it just turns the speaker off, but the call continues on the phone.

I'm sure there are MANY more issues. I used this tool for about 10 minutes before abandoning it until the next release comes out. I've had pretty high expectations for this product, but I've been pretty disappointed thus far. Definitely not up to usual Cisco quality.

Rick

b.henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to the above suggestions, try setting the TAPI client to connect to phone on windows startup. For some reason this fixed similar problems for me.