cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI with XP Client and UCM6.1

contracts
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a TAPI client installed and tested with UCM6.1. I have downloaded CiscoTSP.exe to a WinXP client, and installed it with no issues or errors. I also configure the Wave driver too. I follow the directions noted here to test the TAPI installation ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/tapi_dev/6_0_1/tpdevch2.html#wp29535 ).

After configuring the Tapi connection with UCM IP address and user ID and PW, I launch the DIALER.EXE and try and change the phone lines, but here is my problem:

I do not have any other phone line device, aside from my installed modem in my laptop. I do not have a Cisco line to select. It makes sense that this should a telephony device to use, and it should be a device that has lines associated to it. Am I missing something here? Is there a device driver that needs to be installed to define the telephony device (so its listed under modems)?

Any help would be great!

dd

1 Reply 1

william.riley
Level 1
Level 1

We had teh same problem before.

1: if you have logging turned on make sure it is connecting ie userid and password are good.

2: if you have trendmicro anti virus , it must be disabled before install. If you installed it with it running you will have to do a full remove and re-install

3: The cisco programmer of the tsp gave us a needed file that doesnt install with their setup. It is an updated version of the libeay32.dll and it must be 808kb. if your libeay32.dll is in the 600kb area your program will never work right, just google a new libeay32.dll and backup your orginal first.

hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: