cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TEHO With PSTN Backup via Cross Cluster Dialing

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do TEHO for a single phone number and may expand on this later on, assuming this is successful.  Currently I dial a *XXXX number that is translated into an 8-digit number that I use for cross cluster calling over a SIP trunk.  Once it hits the remote cluster the 8-digit number is translated into the appropriate PSTN format.  This is all working... but how do I get PSTN failover if this doesn't work?  I have tried creating another route pattern in a partition lower on the CSS, but that didn't work.

Is this even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Sounds like your SIP trunk is being used in a route pattern , is this true or not ?.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you're doing will never work (the two route patterns I mean), you do that via the route groups and the route lists

One RG with the ICT, and the next one with the PSTN GWs on that cluster.

There you do whatever digit manipulation needs to be done for the call to be accepted by your carrier.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

hello

i think you have to use route list which will be include two route groups , first route will be used for TEHO other route will be PSTN or your g.w . Firstly i do not have any idea about  gateway and which protocol is used in the PSTN gateway (MGCP or H323) , can i give you an exmple

you have a rp=3333

RL=TEHO-backup-pstn

rg1=your SIP trunk

rg2=your gateway (h323 GW example)

you will do edit in RL and for rg2 , to allow call to go PSTN successfully you have to add prefix 9335.So 

you do a call for 3333 after SIP trunk down , the call will go to PSTN  by 93353333 which will match a dial peer on your router and if it matches , will go through PSTN

Thank you

Hi Islam,

I guess that's my other problem... when creating a route group my SIP trunk isn't listed as an option.

Hello

Please go to route group and create a new route group and choose your SIP trunk , it show be appeared .Please press find to find all  (trunks , gateways).

Thank you

I have tried that, but the SIP trunk to the other cluster is not showing up in the list, even if I use the Find button.

Hello

Sounds like your SIP trunk is being used in a route pattern , is this true or not ?.

Thank you

Yes, the SIP trunk is being used by the route patterns for the cross cluster dialing.  Should this be done differently?

Hello

Yes.  please confirm on that , your route patterns in gateway/routelist you select the the name of sip trunk (you do not create a route group which is not contain sip trunk) , i hope also to share snapshot of your route pattern which you use sip trunk.

Thank you

I just pointed all those route patterns to a route list and now I have my SIP trunk available to select when creating a new route group.  Thank you for your help.

Hello

i am so happy that your issue have been solved . You are welcome any time.

thank you