Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporarily Not Available for a Forwarded Call Over SIP Trunk

abdul rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SIP trunk from my Service Provider (STC- Saudi Arabia).

ITSP<------>CUBE<----------->SIP<--------->CUCM Cluster

I have some problem during the call forward. Some calls are being forwarded without any issue:

1) A call from internal extension to another internal extension forwarded (say call forward no answer)successfully to the PSTN.

2) A call from PSTN Number to an internal extension successfully forwarded to another internal extension.

3) A call from PSTN Number to internal Extension not being forwarded. Getting 480 Temporarily Not Available error and call getting disconnected.

Please find the attached log file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Are you using standard local route group in your setup? If yes then can you check if the device pool assigned to the incoming trunk has a route group associated to it? If there is no RG assiciated with the device pool assigned on the trunk then assign it and reset the trunk to test.

Alternatively you can try changing the service parameter "Local Route Group for redirected calls" to use last directing number's RG and see if it works.

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm if the issue is intermittent or all the forwarded calls are failing?

For the 3rd point, is the call flow below correct?

PSTN >>> GW >>>> SIP Trunk >>>> CUCM >>> IP Phone >>> CFNA >>>> SIP trunk >>> PSTN

Can you share the detailed call manager traces?

Also, verify if you have allowed in service parameters "Block offnet to offnet". It should be set to false on CUCM.

Aseem

Dear Aseem,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

The Call flow is:

ITSP--------->CUBE---------->CUCM--------->IP Phone-------->CUBE------>ITSP.

Only this call forward has issue: PSTN call to IP Phone forwarded back to PSTN

End to end we are using SIP.

"Block OffNet To OffNet Transfer " is Set to FALSE

Hi,

Are you using standard local route group in your setup? If yes then can you check if the device pool assigned to the incoming trunk has a route group associated to it? If there is no RG assiciated with the device pool assigned on the trunk then assign it and reset the trunk to test.

Alternatively you can try changing the service parameter "Local Route Group for redirected calls" to use last directing number's RG and see if it works.

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

It works fine. Thanks a lot dear Aseem.

Aseem

This was exactly my problem.  I struggled for quite a while with redirecting calls from the PSTN back on to the PSTN.  Just adding the Local route group to the DevPool solved my problem.  It does not make to much sense though, because I would think that the called DN's DevPool and local RG should be used.

Pieter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: