cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminate SIP trunks from two different vendors

Chris Pohlad-Thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of my colleagues mentioned to me that it was possible with a certain IOS version on the ISRG2 series (and I suppose on the 4K series as well) to terminate SIP trunks from two different vendors. In this case we would be terminating Verizon SIP and Sprint SIP. Is this the case and if so, does anyone know what version of code has to be running?

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Refer here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_book/vb_book/vb_9655.html

Support for Multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks

The Support for Multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks on a Cisco Unified Border Element, on Cisco IOS SIP TDM Gateways, and on a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature allows configuration of multiple registrars on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunks, each simultaneously registered using its respective authentication instance. Beginning with Cisco IOS XE Release 3.1S, support for this feature is expanded to include the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Router. This feature allows a redundant registrar for each of the SIP trunks, which provides SIP trunk redundancy across multiple service providers.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified Border Element

Cisco IOS Release 15.0(1)XA or a later release must be installed and running on your Cisco Unified Border Element.

Cisco Unified Border Element (Enterprise)

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.1S or a later release must be installed and running on your Cisco ASR 1000 Series Router.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: