cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing new sip trunk for an upgraded system....

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Hoping I can get a quick direction on this.....

We are upgrading our call center servers and need to point a few test toll free numbers.

I have already created a test sip trunk....here's where it all gets muddy for me. What do I need to do to route 4 specific toll free numbers to hit this specific sip trunk instead of going to our current one?

Any docs and verbal guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance all!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, then simply configure the exact digits you're expecting from the toll free number in the route pattern using that SIP trunk with.

This is no different from outbound calls, if you have a pattern that is a better match over one that matches multiple numbers, it will always be preferred as we use best match routing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Inbound calls??

Outbound calls??

Via CUCM??

HTH

java

Inbound via CUCM 8.0 over a T1, sip trunk is the connection between CUCM and call center server.

OK, then simply configure the exact digits you're expecting from the toll free number in the route pattern using that SIP trunk with.

This is no different from outbound calls, if you have a pattern that is a better match over one that matches multiple numbers, it will always be preferred as we use best match routing.

HTH

java

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight.

Thanks Jaime.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take your test indial range and point it out your test sip trunk, using the usual Route Pattern>RG  in CUCM

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Ok,  so here's what i did....

I created the following >>> RG with new server as member>RL with the new RG as member>RP

We already have a RP of 5[1-9]XXX which matches the DNIS of the 4 toll free numbers we are using for this test, so I just went ahead and created an exact match RP of 59796. (I'll create the other 3 if I can get this to work)

Before I created all this, the call went to our sales dept like designed. After creating it, now I get a "this number has been disconnected" message. What did I miss?

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all...

Finally got this to work....had to reset the RG and RL once everything was configured. Apparently it takes a reset for the settings to propagate.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: