Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP error with IP Phones

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a problem with a CUCM v8.5.1(SU1) installation (1 pub, 1 sub). Some phones get a TFTP error:

22:08:26 23: Name=SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX Load= SCCP45.9-2-1S Last=Reset-Restart

22:08:27 9: Name=SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX Load= SCCP45.9-2-1S TFTP Error

This error apparently causes the phones not to load their german locale. Therefore they use their built-in locale, which is english. A factory reset might do the trick, but there are several phones which have this problem. I would like to find a better way to solve this.

The phones do get the correct TFTP address, which is the CUCM Cluster itself.Other phone in the same subnet with the same FW version do get their correct locale. All are 7945 phones with SCCP45.9-2-1S.

I did an sdi trace, and found the following message repeating itself roughly the same time I reset the phone.

22:08:16.282 |CTFTPDB_DeviceVersionRecords::loadRecords(), For DeviceId[b5690853-b48f-134f-9f05-4a3dab897637] *** commondeviceconfig Record[] Not Found ***

Does anybody know what this means? I cant find any info on this anywhere...

Ingo

3 Replies 3

Manuel Azevedo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ingo,

I get the same message:

09:01:07.595 |CTFTPDB_DeviceVersionRecords::loadRecords(), For DeviceId[b3967ccb-3bdf-4c18-9519-c40d03420a9c] *** commondeviceconfig Record[] Not Found ***

However my phones all upgraded to their German locale, so I don't thinks that's it.

What I noticed is that the phones that give away this message (replaced the DeviceId in the phone view URL and you'll see which devices generate this) have some "date" regarding CTL certificates - as far as I know they where not used before.

This is the first time this happens to me, as I've never seen this error before.

But apart from the nuisance, I find my system in working order.

In your case, I would check if your SCCP loads are correct and that you restarted the TFTP server after installing the loads.

Just in case, in the command line, try to download the loads:

c:\>tftp xx.xx.xx.xx GET SCCP45.9-2-1S.loads

And see if you can download them.

Cheers,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the reply. I also did not find a solution yet. The customer decided to put the problem on hold, since all the phones have been rolled out. If the customer wants to continue troubleshooting this issue, I will open a TAC case.

Regards,

Ingo

Dustin Tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Did you guys ever figure anything out?  I have a similar problem.

Dustin