cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Option for Softphones

MehmetKaya
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco hardphone is able to get the tftp ip address from dhcp server by option 150 parameter. There is not any problem with the cisco ip phone( hardphone).

For cisco ip communicator( softphone)  should get tftp ip address from tftp server automatically. Cisco ip communicator is on data vlan like pc.

Do you have any advice to send the tftp information from dhcp server. We have tried option 66 and able to solve the issue.                  

5 Replies 5

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

If you wish to use DHCP to provide TFTP server, you need to configure option 150 on data vlan as well. If that is not an option, you can manually configure the system to define the IP address of TFTP server. To be able to manually change ip address of tftp server, cipc needs to be lunched using "run as administrator"

Hope this helps.    

Thansk for your reply. We want to do this automatically. Option 150 not woks. and we have tried the option 66( tftp port) and doesnt works as well.

Hey !

I agree with mkchandak, ... You need to configure option 150, try again:

In my dhcpd.conf, I put that line: "option option-150 code 150 = ip-address;"

No hesitation to restart your softphone !

It works for me !

See you ! hope this helps too ...

Have you configured Option 150 on data vlan ? Also, if yes, you might want to run Problem Reporting Tool for CIPC and review the log file to see if 150 is being recieved by the desktop.

Like mentioned by Samuel; please make sure that you restart your softphone.

I will try and let you inform regarding the results. System is in production ı need to doing this again at non-working hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: