cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP-Server flash: Adds extra characters and invalid-inputs after hitting enter??

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to do a no tftp-server flash: command, from my show run output it is displayed as:

"tftp-server flash:/Desktops/TN-Cisco-Color-7975.png alias Desktops/TN-Cisco-Color-7975.png".

I copy and paste this into the CLI and add the word "no" (followed by a space) infront of the above output, and when I hit enter I get:

Router#$TN-Cisco-Color-7975.png alias Desktops/TN-Cisco-Color-7975.png

no tftp-server flash:/Desktops/TN-Cisco-Color-7975.png alias Desktops/TN-Cisco-C   ^olor-7975.png

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

It looks as if it's somehow adding three spaces into my command, without me even doing it. ==> Desktops/TN-Cisco-C   ^olor-7975.png

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any workarounds? IOS is c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-2.T1.

I have also tried a tftp-server flash: command on another file to have it served, and same thing happens.

Nic.

4 Replies 4

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why don't u truncate the name of the actual PNG file to image1 or something else but just one word rather than too many hyphens in the name file

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Figured it out, late night mistake of not being in conf t mode. D'oh!

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Been there done that mate..glad its solved

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Agreed! These late nights, not so good for the brain! Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: