cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the ip phones is not registering with the CUCM 8.0

morenike1_2
Level 1
Level 1

The phone keeps telling me that registration rejected and also version error. The other analog phones plug into the ports of the VIC 4FXS/DID are ringing each other. I cannnot see the registration of the phone coming up auto on the CUCM that l set up. Any configuartion simples pls will do too.

Pls help.

Ojay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am confused, is this a CUCM or CME deployment as you talk about CUCM yet you are posting CME files? You are talking about analog phone yet you post DHCP infrormation, can you please elaborate on what exactely you are doing and what is not working?

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am confused, is this a CUCM or CME deployment as you talk about CUCM yet you are posting CME files? You are talking about analog phone yet you post DHCP infrormation, can you please elaborate on what exactely you are doing and what is not working?

Chris

Hi Chris, l have set a CUCM 8.0 on a computer as my CUCM server which is up and running and l will want the the ip phones to register with it automatically but it is not doing so. I do not want the function of CME at allbecause l have the CUCM 8.0 that l have setup already to take over as the callmanager to be processcing the calls for me thanks. Thanks for your cooperation.

Ojay

OK, are you trying to register a Cisco IP phone or an analog phone?

Chris

l want the ip phones to registar automatically. But if l enter the mac address of the ip phones manually it will work but l do not want it to work like that. I need auto registration which l have enabled on the callmanager.

So, few things to check to ensure proper auto registration:

1. ensure auto registration is enagled on CM Group

2. Make sure one of the CUCM Servers in that group has auto registation DN range defined

3. Ensure that the Device Pool defined under device defaults page for your phone model is using this CM Group

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: