cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The MCS server 7835-i2 console error" No Int 13h device found"

mqsdamd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation in one of my cluster , the publiser server is down with error on console" "NO INT 13h devices found"   .

I did reboot the server serveral times by removing drives, placing if firmly, running the support cd to upgrade the bios"  but nothing seems to

work.  if any one have an idea what could be the reason behind this.

Prior to this error there was an error "

“EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,6)) in start_transaction:Journal has aborted.”

somehow i recovered with this error by updating the Firmware file  for mcs 7835-i2 hardware, then the system was working fine for 4/5  hrs ,restarted couple of times after patch, no console error then.   Some time later the server hung , had to restart and saw this error " no int 13h device found" .

Pls help

1 Reply 1

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Watch out that you are not affected by this field notice:  FN - 63270 - MCS-7835-I2, MCS-7845-I2, RAID Driver can cause Service Outage, SW upgrade required

Beware this issue reappeared with cucm / cuc / cup 8.5 and is tracked with these defects:

CUCM/CUC:  CSCtq52199

CUP: CSCtr00304

This is not applicable to 8.6(1). It only applies to scenarios where L2 upgrade was performed. It can be verified by checking with show hardware the raid driver version, it will be 1.1-5 (2455) instead of 1.1.5-24702. The same workarounds apply as in the original field notice. You can open a TAC case to get a cop file to prevent this from happening (note if you were affected by this field notice you will need to follow the steps in the field notice first to recover the server)