Replies

The person you have called is having another call. How to HELP

MSKU
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone
I have 3 phones. A - B - C
1. Option
In DN Call waiting options are accept calls 4 and busy trigger 2.
A Phone and B Phone is talkin with each other.
C Phone is calling A Phone, C Phone hears a normal ringing tone but actually A Phone is busy.
A Phone is seeing on his phone C Phone is calling him but he is busy and talking with B Phone.
After that C Phone is thinking A Phone is not answer the phone or he is not on the phone.

2. Option 

In DN Call waiting options are accept calls 2 and busy trigger 1.
A Phone and B Phone is talkin with each other.
C Phone is calling A Phone, C Phone hears busy tone.
A Phone do not know who called him. May be he need answer C Phone or call him back after end of conversation with B Phone.

I want A Phone to see who is calling him, may be he needs to take 2. call. Also C Phone should learn A Phone is busy and on another call via a voice notification.

11 Replies 11

Hi, a way to get it is enabling voicemail with MWI (message waiting indicator).

In this way C will get a voice message and will invite to leave a vocal message to A.

A will receive an email with the C phone number and his message.

Regards.

This is a kind of forward busy call to voice mail right?
So if the user is not have voice mail, it is not going to work i think?

Yes. If you don't have a voicemail system you can, in my opinion, implement voice xml script or other tcl script but it's more complex.

Regards.

I have Unity Connection, and using voice mail system but I got 2.5K phones on CUCM but for voice mail just have 200 lic.
Just 200 phone users have voice mail.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest to create "Call Pickup Groups" with the users A,B and C and assign, where applicable, BLF SDs (Busy Lamp Speed-dials keys) on the corresponding devices.

This way each user will be able to get notified when the other is on a call (via BLF) and where/when required, being able to pickup each others call.

Let me know if you need more info,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I have 2.5k phone user, can not put all of them in a call pickup group :)
Or external caller do not have BLF so they do not know user is busy or not. The just things no one answering the phone.
This so simple actually, Caller user just hear a notification "the person you have called is busy please hold the line or try again later"
In this way, Called guy able to know who is calling him in background. And caller guy will know, destination is busy, he can wait on the line or hang out and call again 5 min later etc.

You are totally right, I didnt realise that you were referring to such a big implementation...

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM cannot provide any sort of notification to do what you want, there is no audio/visual notification that someone is already on another call, aside from looking up the user in the directory and seeing the status there (assuming you have that enabled).

Or if you use Jabber, to look at the user's status there.

Both scenarios you describe are working as designed. CFB would not leave any notification of a call, and if you allow more than one call, no notification that the user is on another call can be provided.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There's no such practice, is there?
Is it impossible?

With just CUCM, yes, it's not possible, and with CUC, you can replicate the behavior, you just have to configure the call flow for every single DN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I ve CUCM, CUC, CIMP, UCCX, Expressway. May be there is an combination with all this :)
Could you please give detail about replicate the behavior?