Views
Helpful
Replies

The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses

eberrocal2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the following message when I start CUCM:

The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Cisco Prime License Manager within 59 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices.

In the Cisco Prime License Manager, I get the following:

Enhanced Plus (10.x) - Unified CM

The product instances require 1 licenses but only 0 are installed or available to be borrowed from an upper license tier.

How can I find the device (I'm sure it's a phone) that causing this to happen?

Many thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go into system - > licencing - License usage report

On the row with Enhanced Plus it will show "1 User" Click that to find out who is consuming the license. Then click View Details to find which devices are associated to them. Someone has two devices with an owner id mapped to them.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

See below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12470921/license-prime-license-manager

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Thank you for your help but unfortunately that doesn't help.  I'm still having the issue.

Go into system - > licencing - License usage report

On the row with Enhanced Plus it will show "1 User" Click that to find out who is consuming the license. Then click View Details to find which devices are associated to them. Someone has two devices with an owner id mapped to them.

Thanks justinsanders.  That helped!!!

Hello Justin,

Thank you so much for your explanation.

I have found out the 2 associated devices.I want to make changes on it.

Could you please tell me what should i do.Attached the device details for your reference.

Changing the "Owner" on one phone to either to a different use, or to "Anonymous" if appropriate should fix it.  After that change the two phones should each consume one Basic licence, instead of sharing one Enhanced Plus.

You should be able see the change immediately in CUCM by selecting "Update Licence Usage", and in PLM click on "Synchronise Now"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: