cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

There is no existing device associated with this user to migrate......

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

I powered off the users 7965 IP Phone and then plugged in a 8865 IP Phone and come to the screen where I enter the extension number and pin to migrate the phone and get this error message:

phone migration.jpg

I'm not sure where it is looking for this information.  If I look at the user account in CUCM I see the device is associated with the user and the directory number is associated as well:

phone.jpg

I have this user set as the owner on the 7965, so I'm not sure what it is asking of me.  I am trying to migrate the phone with out using IVR.  I was successful doing this one other time, so I know it works.

If you have any ideas, I would be grateful.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Thank you.  I am looking to replace an existing 7965 with an 8865.  I have followed the steps outlined in the link you sent, but still get this error message and I'm not sure why.

Thank you

if the same DN exists in different route partitions, phone migration is not possible using IVR or Phone Migration service.

Login to Self care portal, you should be able to see the 7965. For this user,  I can see two devices  under controlled list.To test, remove the second device and keep only 7965. 

Hope you read the shared document line by line and  you meet all prerequisites. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

This was interesting.  This particular extension was on a 7965 and a Cisco Jabber for Windows device.  Once I deleted the Jabber device, it registered right away.  Guess I will have to play with it more to figure out the in's and out's of this tool.

Thanks

If there are more than one device for the user with the same primary extension, user will be prompted to choose the device to be migrated. For more information, see Phone Migration Service—User Assigned with Multiple Devices.

The following table displays the various migration scenarios possible:

Table 3. Device Listing and Migration Scenarios

Device Status Before Phone Migration

Phone Display During Migration

Scenario 1

Device 1—Registered

Device 2—Unregistered

Phone Configuration settings of Device 2 will be migrated.

Scenario 2

Device 1—Registered

Device 2—Registered

Device 3—Unregistered

Phone Configuration settings of Device 3 will be migrated.

Scenario 3

Device 1—Registered

Device 2—Unregistered

Device 3—Unregistered

Displays the device list with the following: Description, Phone Model, and MAC Address. Users should choose the device from the list required for phone migration.

Scenario 4

Device 1—Unregistered

Device 2—Unregistered

Device 3—Unregistered

Displays the device list with the following: Description, Phone Model, and MAC Address. Users should choose the device from the list required for phone migration.

Scenario 5

Device 1—Registered

Device 2—Registered

Device 3—Registered

Scenario 6

More than 3 devices are in Registered or Unregistered states

Response Signature