I have a problem where my Third Party SIP phones wont go over the SIP trunk configured in my CUCM 9.x cluster. My Cisco phones work fine and goes out the trunk. I have noticed a distinct difference in wireshark with the invite packets from Third Party SIP phones and the Cisco ones.
I have configured the SIP trunk in CUCM with the following route pattern (60.!#)and configured it with associated group and list. Heres the differense between the invite packets from Cisco and Third Party phones.
Cisco Phone: INVITE sip.60xxxx%23@ipadress
Third Party SIP Phone: INVITE sip:email@example.com
It seems the Cisco phones gets some extra configured the Third Party ones dont...
Thanks in advance for any help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the answer
Yeah i have DNS configured and i have the trunk pointed to a domain destination SRV record and like i said it works fine when calling from a Cisco phone. I tried changing the domain to an ip address but same result. I also changed the Plycom phone from being registered towards the domain of CUCM to an IP adress of CUCM and then the SIP INVITE messages in wireshark began to look kinda the same expet for the "%23" section but it still dont work.
When i look at the Real Time Data in RTMT the orig and final called from the cisco phone has stripped the 60 and forwared the rest of the number towards the correct domain for the SIP trunk.
When looking at the data from the Polycom phone the orig and final called data still contains the 60 prefix part and the called device name field is empty. The termination Cause Code is that the number requested is Unallocated/Unassigned..
In other words something is missing to get CUCM to strip 60 from the Polycom phones dialed number and send it towards the SIP trunk like it does when the Cisco phones call it.
Unfortunatley i dont have the meens to attach the trace...
Thanks again for any help/advice
With regards, Per.
Do you have anything configured under the Service parameter "Cluster Fully qualified domain name"? I would put *.domain.se and try again.
Thanks for the advice but yeah i have cluster fully qualified domain name configured..still not working though : /
It seems some connection between CUCM and the Third Party pohones are missing for them to react on the SIP trunk Route rule...the question is what.
called data still contains the 60 prefix part and the called device name field is empty. The termination Cause Code is that the number requested is Unallocated/Unassigned.-- As you have already find out the problem and to get why Polycom phones are behaving like this we need to look at CUCM traces. Please attach it so that we can help you on this.
I have now found the problem, apparently Third Party phones could not recognize the hash in the route pattern (60.!#) but without the hash it now works fine. Exept that some Third Party phones keep on reregistering to CUCM but that is another problem.
Thanks everyone who replied in this thread!