cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party SIP - Pickup Group issue

PETER MARTLAND
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with Pcikup Groups and directed pickup to a siemens Openstage 40S registered to CUCM 9.

The documentation indicates that this uses URI and reature codes which are not supported on call manager, but is their a work around???

Please help

3 Replies 3

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately there is no work around for this issue. If you look at the Call Manager trace for the issue you will see that CUCM rejects the call pickup. Details below from a recent TAC case I opened about the same issue.

CUCM Traces shows the following error : 

SIP/2.0 403 ForbiddenVia: SIP/2.0/UDP 198.54.75.158;branch=z9hG4bK5f7c3cfaB78AA47From: "331" <sip:#########################.org>;tag=C42294B0-A30BF21DTo: <sip:x-cisco-serviceuri-pickup@###################.org>;tag=865572135Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 11:51:07 GMTCall-ID: 7f915f04-5d1e7031-74ece2ce@198.54.75.158CSeq: 1 INVITEAllow-Events: presenceServer: Cisco-CUCM11.0Warning: 399 czchcucm01 "Cisco Service Request URI Not Licensed"Content-Length: 0

Unfortunately, this advance feature that uses a service request URI is not supported & there is no workaround for the same. :(

Kindly refer to the following note from the below document (section : Licensing Third-Party SIP Phones).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_appendix_01101101.html 

Note : 

Third-party SIP Device (Advanced) and (Basic)—Cisco-specific SIP extensions do not get supported. Some Cisco-specific SIP extensions that are not supported include service URIs, header extensions, dialog subscriptions, and remote call control proprietary mime types. Cisco Unified Communications Manager will reject any request from a phone that is running SIP that is not permitted to use an advanced feature that uses a service request URI (such as Call Pickup URI, Meet Me Service URI). The SIP profile specifies service URIs. The profile gets assigned to SIP devices. Cisco Unified Communications Manager will block features that require the use of Cisco-specific SIP extensions. 

Yes, I am getting the same feedback, thanks for responding.

This is an x-cisco-serviceuri-pickup within the SIP profile, which i believe is an XML service, I guess you could use a third party but probably too much work. I am looking at a work around using call forward no answer and busy but it is messy and not an exact match by any means!

thanks again

Looks like other vendors have used the BLF to monitor the status of the directory number and furthermore pickup calls from an extension. Do you know if BLF is supported on third party phones. I cannot see it being allowed?

thanks