Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This user cannot be found in the LDAP Directory -- Error in Cisco Unity

Hi All,

A user has changed the user id and in LDAP and call manager the new user ID  is reflected without any error with same extension but the in unity connection its showing always an error  "This user cannot be found in the LDAP Directory".

I tried to get the old userid from sql and got the user id with PKID:

admin:run sql SELECT pkid, firstname, lastname, userid, telephonenumber FROM EndUser WHERE telephonenumber='*********'
pkid                                 firstname     lastname userid   telephonenumber
==================================== ============= ======== ======== ===============
499eb8d3-c1cc-1fb4-67e5-e6610e160e32  Amy johnson       ajohnson121                            *****

After finding some documents for how to delete the user from sql:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11336631/unity-connection-85-not-import-cucm-end-users-after-reinstall

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/117737-problem-uc-00.html

I was not able to get the information after that:

admin:run sql select * from enduserappservermap where fkenduser='499eb8d3-c1cc-1fb4-67e5-e6610e160e32'
pkid fkenduser fkappserver content
==== ========= =========== =======
admin:

Every time I was failing and I have tried to resync the LDAP directory but without luck.

Does anyone have any  inputs for how to resolve this issue &  I was not supposed to delete the end user from unity as the user has voice messages to again resync with LDAP.

Thanks,

Saif

1 Reply 1

Hi Saif,

in CMBE (CUCM and CUC in the same server), CUCM & CUC users are automatically synchronize with LDAP ... but if you have CUCM and CUC in different servers, then only CUCM is automatically synchronize ... in CUC, you have to import again the user, because there is no synchronization with LDAP.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: