Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Of Day Routing - 1 hour out. Phones display correct time

Andy Hewitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've seen a few posts on here over the last day or so regarding issues with DST being implemented a week early and people's phones displaying the incorrect times (one hour fast)  I've also seen the associated bugfixes from Cisco.

However, we've not had that exact problem, all our phones (13,000 79xx's) are displaying the correct times. However, departments using Time of Day routing are experiencing issues with the TOD changes commencing an hour early.

Has anyone else experiened this or do Cisco have a fix for this besides changing all the time schedules and then changing them back next week?

Cheers

Andy

16 Replies 16

Andy Hewitt
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to add, we're using the GMT (Europe/London) timezone

Andy,

We had similar issue with Unity connection schedules. Calls to some services cosed 1hr earlier. Cisco has provided a patch for the Unity conection server as well as the  CUCM

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

sjcarroll
Level 1
Level 1

Out of interest, what version of CUCM are you running as we are seeing the exact same fault on 8.5(1)?

Hi Andy

TOD routing is also affected by this "bug". Please check if you have the latest Time Zone Update on all the CUCM servers in your cluster:

cli> show timezone config

You can download the latest update for your version from cco.

Does anyone know the Bug ID as I have the exact same problem but cannot find it in the CCO Bug Toolkit.

Thanks.

This is the bug ID TAC gave us..CSCue96910

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

That particular bug ID relates to:

Chile 2013 DST has been extended to Apr 27, 2013, but CUCM will end DST on March 10th at 00:00.

Phone clock display will show 1 hour earlier than local time after March 10th

I am in the UK and am having issues with Time of Day Routing. The time on the CUCM and phones is correct.

Current timezone version on Call Manager and Unity servers is 2012c.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve,

Yes I am also based in the UK. This is the bug ID TAC gave us. After we patched the servers, the issue was resolved. Cisco didn't open a new bug Id for this..."the email says a similar bug was found" and this was referenced.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Indeed I would suggest to update to 2012j. There is a list of bugs in the readme file and in earlier field notices I read that these timezone updates also fixed the ToD routing issues.

Excellent, thanks very much.

We are running 8.6.2.22900-9 on both the Unified Communications Manager and the Unity Connection Servers.

From what I have been able to deduce it appears we need to apply Release 8.6(2-2012j) to both servers.

Could you confirm this is correct?   Many thanks in advance.

Yes you need to apply it to both servers. Cisco told us to patch both CUCM and Unity connection as both platforms were affected

Thanks to aokanlawon and thijs. I will get the 2012j patch and see if that fixes the issue.

It appears to be a major job having to reboot the servers, so arranging a time will be a challenge

I will post back if/when the problem is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Steve, I know it is painful..We had to patch 24 CUCM servers and 4 Unity connection servers. It was a weekend Job..not funny

Hi guys, same issue here. CUCM 8.5(1). Timezone patch installed 2012j. 6941 (running SCCP9.3.3.2) still showing wrong time. Any ideas? Cannot see ES for the phones or new patches for CUCM. Phones are UK based. Thank you.

UPD: Seem like hitting CSCuf76755. Special time zone for legacy phones support is enabled so will proceed with downgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: