Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day routing problem

chin.chung
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have CUCM7 and i m trying to configure time of day routing to CTI route point XXXXXXX665. In businesshrs 8-16 i want call to be forwarded to number

XXXXXXX740 and after hours 16-08 to XXXXXXX741. The problem is that when i call CTI route point number it only says number cannot be dialed. Anyone knows solution for this?

I created following:

3 Time periods:

TP_businesshrs:                Mon-fri 8-16

TP_nobusinesshrs1:          Mon-fri 16-24

TP_nobusinesshrs2:          Mon-fri 00-08

2 Time schedules:

TS_businesshrs:              TP_businesshr

TS_nobusinesshrs:          TP_nobusinesshrs1 & TP_nobusinesshrs2

2 Partitions:

PAR_businesshrs:              TS_businesshrs

PAR_nobusinesshrs:          TS_nobusinesshrs

1 Calling search space:

CSS1:                              PAR_businesshrs & PAR_nobusinesshrs

I added CSS1 to the CTI route point. I created 2 665DN and added each DN to newly created partitions.

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies 15

Hi.

CSS1 containing those two partitions, should be assigned to ip phones or voice gateways which are calling that RP.

Try to check it and let me know.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

The calling phone does have mentioned CSS assigned. Also tried to call RP with and without CSS.

Hi.

Instead of a CTI route point, add two translation pattern respectively assigned to PAR_businesshrs and PAR_nobusinesshrs you should obtain the expected result.

Don't forget to assign a valid css to TP in order to reach desired forwarded destination.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I want to do this to CTI route point because it is a customer line.

Ok. so in this case, check the CSS of Call Forward All field in DN config . That CSS should allow that DN to forward calls to desired destination.

Let me know

HTH

Carlo

Create two dummy translation patterns and give each one the respective partition and translate the called number to desired destination with the righ CSS to reach that number

In the CTI set the call forward all to the above translation dummy number and provide it the call forward all CSS as CSS1

I tested again just in case and internal calls to 665 works properly . But if i try to call with cellphone to XXXXXXX665, it wont work. You happen to know why?

And back to your instructions:

Never ever created translation patterns....Please check if i created them properly.

7XX

PAR_businesshrs

Called Party Transform Mask: 740

7XX

PAR_nobusinesshrs

Called Party Transform Mask: 741

marwanshawi wrote:

Don't forget to assign a valid css to TP in order to reach desired forwarded destination.

What do you mean? How do you assing CSS to TP? i thought you can only assign TS to CSS...

marwanshawi wrote:

....provide it the call forward all CSS as CSS1

I only have CSS1. So do you want me to create new one?

PS. sorry for stupid questions. I m kinda new to this...

Hi.

When you configure a translation pattern, you have to specify both partition and CSS in order to allow TP to reach called party transform mask destination.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi.

I tried for you the following config in my lab.

Time Period Day 08:00 - 18:00

Time Period Evening 18:00 - 24:00

Time period Night 00:00 - 08:00

TS Day:  TP_Day

TS Night: TP_Eveneing & TP_Night.

Partition Day_PT TS Day

Partition Night_PT TS Night

Css: CSS1 with Day_PT , Night_PT and Internal_PT

CTI RP_Day

DN:700

Partition Day_PT

CSS: Css1

Call forward all set to 750  and CSS set to CSS1 (750 is a directory number in Internal_PT partition

of an internal ip phone)

CTI RP_Night

DN:700

Partition Night_PT

CSS: Css1

Call forward all set to 751  and CSS set to CSS1 (751 is another directory number in Internal_PT partition

of an internal ip phone)

Test ip phone:

DN:200

Partition: Internal_PT

CSS:Css1

H323 Gateway:

Calling search space:CSS1

Both internal (calling 700)  and external (XXXXXXX700) calls works fine.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Your setup also does the same....I think i have done eveything right but someting is blocking my external call when i add partition to DN.

Check the CSS assigned to your  Voice gateway a see if both internal extensions and new CTI RP created can be reached from this VG.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Never even modified gateway. Weird thing is i can't find any devices under gateway but i can find gateways under trunks. I think i'll contact service provider. Thanks for the support anyway

Ok.

In trunk configuration you should find incoming calls section where you have to specify the css.

Try to check and let me know.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

We have several same trunk configured with different route patterns . Each of them seems to use device pools CSS which is none.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: