Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day routing question

royhog
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using CUCM/CUC 11.5.  I am trying to use time of day routing  to route inbound calls  based on time of day from call manger to unity.  For example, I want ext. 4444 to route to a receptionist during business hours. After hours, it will route to  call handler 5555.  5555 is an existing call handler used as a catch all for calls.    I created the time periods/schedules and assigned the schedule to a new partition for ext. 4444 (4444tod).  I also created the forwarded routing rules on CUC for ext. 4444 to forward to call handler 5555. The forwarding works for the original 4444 ext., but it won't forward the new 4444tod ext.     My SIP provider sends me 4 digits from the PSTN so ext. 4444 is a DID.    I know there are other ways to do this, but to keep the story short, i want to do it this way.  Would CUCM have any issue routing a DID/ext. according to time periods set on their respective partitions?  I've used this same method  before to route regular extensions. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

7 Replies 7

This picture is from our internal documentation on how we'd normally would setup time of day routing in CM.

image.png

This particular setup would be for the main line at an office, where CUC is used during normal office hours to play a welcome message to the caller and then send the call to a reception desk phone. But it is applicable for any directory number and you can easily drop the part for the welcome message if that’s not required. The part with the direct to the phone after the welcome message has been played is omitted from the flow in the picture as that’s not really part of the ToD construct. During non office hours, set by a time schedule attached to that specific partition, the calls are sent to a closed message in CUC and then the call can either be disconnected or the caller could if required be set to be able to leave a message and then the call disconnects.

Response Signature

Thanks for the reply.  I think my setup should work.  I just want to figure out why the tod partition isn't being recognized

Drawing1.jpg

To me it is not clear what you have in the different partitions in CM? Can you please share screenshots of the configuration you have put in place for this?

Response Signature

I think i have it straight.  I needed to add the new TOD partition to the internal phones css in addition to the gateway css. 

Thanks for the input

That’s the reason for why we use a translation pattern as the first step in our design for ToD as it does not require that many places to change. The translation pattern is placed in the partition that all devices and gateways has in their CSS(s) and then the outbound CSS set on the TP is what actually does the ToD routing.

Response Signature

That sounds like a good strategy.  Do you have any guide/Cisco doc you follow?  I would be interested in checking it out.  I'm always looking for a better way.

No, but the schematics shared before should outline what you need to do.

Response Signature