Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day routing using Unity Connection 11.5.1

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

As per the customer request, we need to create 3 TOD routing for a single DID/ CTI RP in CUC

I have done Open and closed hours but not sure how to route a call if there are multiple timings and routing based on those timings. CUCM TOD routing is not an option for us.

Here are the details:

We need

8:00AM to 3:30PM forwards to 2671

3:30PM to 5:30PM forwards to 1661

5:30PM to 8:00AM forwards to After Hours CLOSED message, then Voicemail

Can anyone advise if it is possible in Unity and how-to steps?

Thank you 

3 Replies 3

JasunKAR
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy!  

Not sure if you can do this in one call handler.  You may need two.  Since a call handler is either open/closed.  Holiday and Alternate take precedence over those two.  

So what I think you need is:

DID from CUCM to Unity Call Handler 1 to start the process.  

Call Handler 1: Create a schedule for call handler 1.  8:00AM to 3:30PM forwards to 2671 via the Standard Greeting.  Then anything outside of this schedule will follow the closed route where you can send the call to Call Handler 2.

Call Handler 2: Create another schedule for call handler 2.  3:30PM to 5:30PM forwards to 1661 via standard greeting.  Then the closed greeting for THIS handler will be what you want as the 3rd step: Forwards to After Hours CLOSED message, then Voicemail.  You don't need to create any hours as calls for call handler 2 will go to closed if not in that 3:30PM to 5:30PM time frame.  

Messy, but I think it'll get you what you want.  

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi JasunKAR,

Thank you for the detailed response.

That looks promising. I will try that and update it here.

Thanks.

8:00AM to 3:30PM forwards Schedule 1

3:30PM to 5:30PM forwards Schedule 2

call handler 1>> Name Initial >>>extension as your CTI.>>Active Schedule >>Schedule 1
                                                                                         Transfer Rule

>> standard >> to 2671
                                                                                                              >> Closed >> Call handler 2

Call handler 2 >> Name shift 2>> Active Schedule >>Schedule 2
                                                    Transfer  Rule

>> standard >> to 1661
                                                                         >> Closed >> Call handler 3

Call handler 3 >> Name Closed>> greeting>> standard greeting >>
                                                                       Callers Hear>> my personal recording>>> After Greeting >> according to your requirement.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: