Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day rules

kkelly
Level 1
Level 1

Sombody please correct me if I'm wrong.

When i define a Time Schedual and Time period and apply it to Partition (... this is the correct me part ... ) I am defining when the Partition is active, other wise (outside of the time period) it is de-activated and not considered when the calling search space begins to do route calculations with its associated partitions.

I ask as I need to have a CSS match a digits in a partucular Partition during Business hours and have it match another after business hours.  This is for 911 where I need "911" to ring to an internal extension during the day but have CER respond to it after business hours.

Like this

Some-Site-CSS

Internal-PT

TOD-911-PT   Time Schedual set in PT (match 911 to this PT if it is 9am - 5pm)

some-other-PT

e911-PT

6 Replies 6

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

no need to correct you, your doing fine on your own.

the route pattern with that particular partition will *only* be found when it is "in hours" (within the time period)

problem is with the TOD rules applied to the PT t\it never becomes active.

DNA allows for testing at different times and always routes to the "second" partition that does not have TOD rules set.

I thinks its strange.

I think I know what you're doing wrong.

If I'm getting this right you've only configured 1 time schedule and not 2 as required.

You need to create 2 time schedules and 2 patterns for 911 and cover all the 24 hours of a day between both

If you were doing something to route calls the 7 days of the week it should look like this:

one schedule covers Monday to Friday and the other Saturday and Sunday.

You cannot just create the Monday to Friday and apply it, when that happens you break all the routing logic since you'll have 2 route patterns with the exact same pattern and then the order on which they show up in the CSS will determine who gets the call. I have no idea where TOD will place the partition in the CSS.

But the point of TOD is that at any given point in time that should not happen as the schedules and the patterns should not overlap and only 1 of them should be available in the CSS.

At least that's why I think you're doing wrong based on the fact you only mention 1 partition with TOD

TOD-911-PT   Time Schedual set in PT (match 911 to this PT if it is  9am - 5pm)

e911-PT

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

No need for two different time schedules.

The partition on top should be active only when the time follows within the time schedule.

So the problem is the call is not going to the CER after hours right? It always hits the second partition like it was not deactivated?

Please collect a CallManager trace after hours, and attach it. We are interested on seen the contents of the todpss="" section of the Digit Analysis line, to see the partitions active at that time.

As well what timezone do you have on the server? Have you any timezone defined on the time schedule? If you have your timezones mixed up you may have just been tested while the partition was still active. I have run into this a few times.

Cheers,

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

yep, you only need one pattern with a time based partition, it does *have* to be higher in the CSS order that the plain one though.

kkelly
Level 1
Level 1

I did manage to get it working.

In the Time Period Definition I needed to delcare a "Repete Every" time, In my case Sun to Sat.

Initially I did not set it as it was not flagged with an "*" as a required item, so I figured just setting the time applied to any day and any year.

But it appears that is not the case!!