cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time on Cisco 8945 Phone

Michael Osland
Level 1
Level 1

We currently seem to be experiencing issues with the clock that is displayed on the 8945.   If I access the phone's web page, it shows the correct time. But on the phone's display it will be off from 10 to 15 minutes.  If I reset the phone, it syncs back up. As time goes by, it starts getting off again.  Has anyone else had this issue?

8 Replies 8

tore.skancke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael.

I have the same issue and have opened a TAC SR.

Make sure that your locales (user, network and endpoint) are updated.

It could also be related to the latest firmware SCCP 9.2(2), so TAC has requested a firmware downgrade on a couple of phones to verify If this is the case.

Hope this helps.

Best reg,

Tore Skancke

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Tore,

I am expiriancing the same issue with SCCP 9.2.3.5.

Did you mange to solve this?

What TAC answered about this?

Regards

It was suppose to be fixed with the latest release, but I still have some users where the time is still getting off.

We're having problems with the time display freezing on version 9.2.3. The web page time is correct, and that in the call log is correct, but the display stops updating.

TacmanCCNA
Level 1
Level 1

Easy Fix, stumbled upon this while testing the issue out in my lab.

Change the time stamp from / to -   (slash to dash)

fixed it just fine on all my 8945's

Hopefully they patch this, slash is the default and im sure its affecting people.

jaredvwci
Level 1
Level 1

This is a little late but adding as an FYI for anyone else reading - this is a bug.

CSCtl73175 - 8945 SCCP: Sometimes, phone doesn't update time in header

Fixed in 9.3(1)+ firmware.

John Lukes
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue here on different phones and were directed to upgrade to 9-3-2-11.

So far we have not seen the issue again 7 days and counting...

We upgraded to 9-3-1-19 several months ago and have not seen the problem since.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: