cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To Restart or Not to Restart Device

Alpha
Level 1
Level 1

I have several IPPhone Devices that are configured with Owner as 'Anonymous'. When I use CUCM Admin to configure the device Owner to a End User it notifies me to 'Apply Config'. When I do the the Device does a Restart.

Now, if I use an SQL Update to set the Device.fkEndUser to the EndUser.pkid there is no Restart of the Device.

1. Should I be concerned that there is no Device Restart? 
  2. If so, is there a way invoke a Restart via AXL or SQL?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Alpha,
You can try to run below mentioned query to find out the device owner. You will get to know if the new owner is still listed as Anonymous user or the one you changed it now. If you get the output user id for device name you want, there is no need for apply config or else you will have to perform a device apply config. You can perform this from BAT tool by running a phone query to get the apply config on one click for all phone.

SQL query :

run sql select eu.userid, d.name, d.description, n.dnorpattern as DN, rp.name as partition from device as d inner join devicenumplanmap as dnpm on dnpm.fkdevice = d.pkid inner join devicenumplanmapendusermap as dnpeum on dnpeum.fkdevicenumplanmap= dnpm.pkid inner join enduser as eu on dnpeum.fkenduser=eu.pkid inner join numplan as n on dnpm.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join routepartition as rp on n.fkroutepartition= rp.pkid and d.tkclass = 1

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Alpha,
You can try to run below mentioned query to find out the device owner. You will get to know if the new owner is still listed as Anonymous user or the one you changed it now. If you get the output user id for device name you want, there is no need for apply config or else you will have to perform a device apply config. You can perform this from BAT tool by running a phone query to get the apply config on one click for all phone.

SQL query :

run sql select eu.userid, d.name, d.description, n.dnorpattern as DN, rp.name as partition from device as d inner join devicenumplanmap as dnpm on dnpm.fkdevice = d.pkid inner join devicenumplanmapendusermap as dnpeum on dnpeum.fkdevicenumplanmap= dnpm.pkid inner join enduser as eu on dnpeum.fkenduser=eu.pkid inner join numplan as n on dnpm.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join routepartition as rp on n.fkroutepartition= rp.pkid and d.tkclass = 1

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful