cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Toll fraud traffic pumping on a Call manager express and unity express with an 800 toll free number.

jeffkushner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a call manager express and a unity express. They have an 800 toll free number that rings in to an auto attendant on the CUE. The problem is something called toll fraud traffic pumping. The caller, always from a different number, reaches the auto attendant by dialing the 800 number. They then somehow manage to keep the line connected for up to 12 hours by somehow staying in the auto attendant. I opened a TAC case and was informed that it is not in Cisco's hands to create a way to disconnect a call that is connected to the CUE. I need a way to have a call that stays in the auto attendant or voicemail after 3 to 5 minutes. I can't see a way to do it in the auto attendant script. Can someone help with a method that will disconnect the caller if they stay in the CUE for a period of time?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely you'll need to create a TCL script to do this, this is not an out of the box feature.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Try the Cisco developer network forum, be aware that Cisco does offer assistance on this, but as a paid service. Maybe someone in the forum can give you some pointers.

cisco.com/go/cdn

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely you'll need to create a TCL script to do this, this is not an out of the box feature.

HTH

java

Thank you for the response Jaime.

That is what TAC told me. I am not familiar with TCL scripting and I have been looking at some guides on it. Any advice on a source to go to for assistance with that, possibly someone to help?

Try the Cisco developer network forum, be aware that Cisco does offer assistance on this, but as a paid service. Maybe someone in the forum can give you some pointers.

cisco.com/go/cdn

HTH

java

Thank you very much, I appreciate the direction, I will give that a try.

SecureLogix (securelogix.com) has a voice application fire wall and IPS that may be able to help here.

Bruce Wertman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: