Views
Helpful
Replies

Transcoding and MTP resourses in other site

douglas.moraes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new customer with complete UC (CUCM, CUC, CUE, UCCX and IM&P) and he has 10 sites, in two sites he doesn't have gateway. So, I would like to know if is possible use transcoder and MTP of other remote sites, becauso now I have problems with AA in CUE.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure why not, just create a MRG and add the resources of the other sites or use the other sites MRGL. Just be aware that if you may be sending G711 over the wan. Hence you need to plan for that additional badnwidth

Please rate all useful posts

A===G.711===B

A===G.729===C

C====Call to A CUE-AA G.711====A, but region is G.729, so we need to use resource of C site.

I created a MRG and MRGL with Transcoder and MTP of C site. Follow the CUCM logs:

2014/09/16 10:39:52.609              111111111          8500      3227      SEP00E16DBAA284         CiscoUM1-1       ( 47 ) Resource unavailable, unspecified. Explanation: A resource unavailable event occurred and no other cause in the resource unavailable class applies.

Thanks Ayodeji Okanlawon

You need to ensure the region of the transcoder and the cue region is set to use G711. CUE cant do G729, so its going to invoke a xcoder. Hence make sure region of xcoder and cue is G711

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you Ayodeji Okanlawon!