cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer call using contact list rather than typing extension number

imthiyas92
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7821 type cisco ip phone.I want to transfer the call to some other extension using contact list (label) rather than entering the extension number.

For example if I called from say,extension 111 LIVING ROOM to 122 MAID ROOM and need to transfer the call to 123 KITCHEN,I need to show the contact list (labels) and select KITCHEN and it will does the rest rather than enter 123 and transfer as in traditional.

Is there any way to do this?

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I am not sure you could try the below way. Please try it out

•  active call
  •  press "transfer"
  •  go to the corporate directory
  •  search someone
  •  press "transfer"

Hope this Helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Whether is it need to search the extension label by typing,for an example if I want to transfer is to HALL then I need to type HA... to search term or is just select from list,hopes you understand the need and have better solution

You might be able to do this with Abbreviated Dialing. You can program slot 42 (or H A) to the number of the hallway, program slot 62 (or M A) to the maid's room, slot 54 (or K I) to the kitchen number, etc.

Here is a link to information on how to set up Abbreviated Dialing. It says it applies to v8.6/v9, but really applies to all curren versions of CUCM. That said, you will want to look at the Feature Guide for your version of CUCM as well:

Configuring Speed-dial and Abbreviated dial setup on CUCM

If this doesn't address what you are looking for, can you explain maybe a bit more about what you are hoping to accomplish?

Maren

@Maren Mahoney I think you are almost there.

Is it like when ask to enter the number to transfer,suppose say 123 kitchen then if I already have a speed dial of 1 for that number then it'll select that particular extension and transfer the call?

Whether I can make abbreviated label viz H A for hallway? then while on transfer request when requested to enter the destination extension can I have the option to select abbreviated speed dial like if I made 12 as abbreviated to 123 ,will it show the abbreviated label viz H A, so on and so on ?

Abbreviated dial works by having the user dial the code (42, for instance) and then lifting the handset. Or, they can lift the handset, press the AbbrDial softkey (if it is in the template), and then dial the code.

As for your specific question, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. So I'd say this: Configure it on a phone and try it out. You'll have to train your users anyway so it's worth getting it down.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: