Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer calls

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I want to block off-net to off net transfer, on configuring  " settings the block offnet to offnet transfer service parameter " my internal transfer also is affected ( i mean to say that user A calling gsm-user and if gsm-user want to speak to user B in the corporate user A cannot transfer call internally to user B,  )

"i have not configured configuring transfer capabilities by using call classification," it is default to off-net and that should be actually,,  if suppose i change to ON-net it will affect the external calling.?????

how i can restrict only external call without affecting internal transfer. i referring to the below cisco document.

Configuring External Call Transfer Restrictions Service Parameters

You can set two service parameters for the external call transfer restrictions feature: Call Classification and Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer. The following sections provide configuration information:

Configuring Transfer Capabilities by Using Call Classification Service Parameter

Setting the Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer Service Parameter

Configuring Transfer Capabilities by Using Call Classification Service Parameter

To configure all gateways or trunks in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster to be OffNet (external) or OnNet (internal), perform the following two steps:

1. Using the Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusterwide service parameter Call Classification, choose either OffNet or OnNet (the default specifies OffNet).

2. In the Call Classification field on the Gateway Configuration and Trunk Configuration windows, configure each gateway and trunk to Use System Default (this reads the setting in the Call Classification service parameter and uses that setting for the gateway and trunk).

Additional Information

See the "Related Topics" section.

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusterwide service parameter Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer allows administrators to prevent users from transferring external calls to another external number. This parameter specifies values as True or False. Setting the parameter to True blocks external calls from being transferred to another external device. The default value specifies False. You modify the Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer service parameter by using the Service Parameters Configuration window.

When a user tries to transfer a call on an OffNet gateway or trunk when the service parameter Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer is set to True, a message displays on the user phone to indicate that the call cannot be transferred.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

ok.

As soon as, if A calls B, then A is able to transfer to C ... but ... if A calls GSM, then A's Transfer button is 'greyed out' ... then:

1) How do you access your GSM? It's a H.323 GW, MGCP, SIP Trunk, ...?
2) Check the following:
 - A's Device Pool (System > Device Pool), and take note of the MRG List.
 - Check the MRG List (Media Resources > Media Resource Group List) and take note of the MRG.
 - Check the MRG (Media Resources > Media Resource Group) and take note of the resources used.
 - What kind of resources do you have? MTP, MoH, XCode, ...? Are they all "up"?

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

That's true, its a global setting, it will apply to all users or none of them.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if you attempt to transfer an external call to a PSTN number or an internal extension , are you getting the exact message on the phone for both scenarios?

Manish

Dear Manish,

I applied only 1 procedure.

and i there is no  message appearing on the phone,

Thanks

Hi,

first of all ... if A calls B, then A is able to transfer to C (where A, B and C are IP Phones)?

Second ... A calls GSM, and click the Transfer button ... are you able to dial the B's DN? If the answer is Yes, then B's IP Phone rings?

Regards

Dear Marcelo,

Second ... A calls GSM, and click the Transfer button ... are you able to dial the B's DN? If the answer is Yes, then B's IP Phone rings?

i cannot dial B's DN the tranfer button is greyed out.

Hi,

ok.

As soon as, if A calls B, then A is able to transfer to C ... but ... if A calls GSM, then A's Transfer button is 'greyed out' ... then:

1) How do you access your GSM? It's a H.323 GW, MGCP, SIP Trunk, ...?
2) Check the following:
 - A's Device Pool (System > Device Pool), and take note of the MRG List.
 - Check the MRG List (Media Resources > Media Resource Group List) and take note of the MRG.
 - Check the MRG (Media Resources > Media Resource Group) and take note of the resources used.
 - What kind of resources do you have? MTP, MoH, XCode, ...? Are they all "up"?

Hope this helps.

Dear Marcelo,

things are working normal i dont know i did the same changes before as per the link below before they were not woerking but now it is working only follwoing one below scenario. 

Dears

The block off-net to off-net is applying to all the users is it possible to exclude the manager from transfer to external calls.

thanks

Hi,

This is a clusterwide setting, so it will apply to all users.

Manish

thanks for reply

so you conforming that it cannot be exclude for the specific users.

thanks

That's true, its a global setting, it will apply to all users or none of them.

Manish

+5 to you manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: