cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferred calls from 7961 with 7914 randomly dropping

rgoodwin7399
Level 1
Level 1

Receptionists at a branch are reporting that randomly 1-3 times a day calls transferred from their 7961 phones with 7914 expansion modules are getting dropped. They are also reporting that some calls are getting crossed. By crossed they are telling me that they mean call somes in from Customer A and they attempt to transfer the call to Worker A, at the same time Customer B calls in and they try to transfer him to Worker B and somehow "magically" Customer A and Customer B end up on the phone together. I suspect operator error but wanted to know if anyone had seen any of this type of behavior before.

5 Replies 5

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

What version of Call Manager?

(always suspect of operator errors with 7914...too much buttons...)

Version 4.1.3.

cheng.cathy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Goodwin,

Hav you managed to fix this problem. I run into the same issue here. Thanks

I believe we upgraded the ios but 12.4.15(3) not sure if that fixed it or not. I honestly cannot remember.

We have the same complaints here on a 7971 with a 7914 sidecar, although the sidecar isn't utilized in the call transfer (utilized for different speed dials etc).

- Dropped Calls I believe are operator error

- "crossed calls" - I think there is a legitimate problem here...

Anybody find anything else on this topic...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: