cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transferred calls lose caller ID but CFA do not

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have a CME and a CUCM that have a working SIP trunk between them that is used for extension to extension dialing. If a user on the CME uses CFA to forward PSTN calls to an extension on the CUCM the phone on the CUCM side sees the caller ID of the originating caller.  However, if a user on the CME answers a call from the PSTN and then transfers it to CUCM the call shows the extension of the person who transferred the call.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Diego

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a blind or consult transfer?

I have only tested with consult but ideally we would want it to work for both types. 

Diego

The difference between blind and consult transfers is that, with a consult transfer, the operator phone initiates the transfer. With blind transfers, the Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) port (service device) initiates the transfer.

Have you find out any solution here?

Unfortunately I did not.  Since we were phasing out the CME system we just lived with it until we moved all users to the new system.  

Rgds,

Diego

Remove „asserted-id ppi“ under voice service voip/sip.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: