Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring an Incoming Call To An Automated Message

First and foremost, I was asked to take over our IP telephony infrastructure, as well as our network infrastructure.  I'm VERY new to all of this.  I was a database administrator for many years.  Unfortunately, my company won't hire someone with more experience, so they asked me to take on these tasks.  I've managed to get a good understanding of some of the IP Telephony items, but definitely far from understanding harder concepts. 

I have the following request, and after much research, I haven't really been able to come up with an answer.  Can our CUCM system take an incoming call, based on the incoming phone number (say 412-555-5555), recognize that number, and transfer it to a DN or DID that will play an automated message?  We have CUCM, Unity, and CUCCX.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can - you should be able to do with both unity connection and uccx. Just setup a cti-rp in cucm with a voicemail profile and forward all calls to voicemail.

Setup a mailbox for this extension in unity and record greeting the you want. You can also setup call handlers and modify caller input to transfer the calls to a call handler or extensions.

You can also use a basic CCX script if you are familiar with UCCX otherwise unity connection will be easier option. but dependa on what you are trying to achieve.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi,

As Terry has explained it is possible either with the CCX or with UCXN (Unity Connection), and I am more familiar with UCXN, so I am here with writing down the major steps how to make an AA (Auto Attendant):

1. Create a CTI Port or CTI Route Point with the desired DN or the DN where the calls will be coming from the PSTN

2. Configure it to Call Forward All, to Voicemail (i.e. Unity Connection)

3. On the Unity Connection (UCXN), create a System Call Handler (there are others as well), and assign the DN, which you have had created on the step 1.

4. On this System Call Handler, to begin with, Add a Standard Greeting (you may create others as well, but this is the standard and easier). the Greeting can be recorded either by the Phone or you can directly upload the respective format file.

5. Specify on the Call Handler, what should happen After the Greeting is played (say transfer to an Extension)

6. Make sure the CSS of the Voicemail Ports, can reach the desired DN (in CCM).

Please let us know, in case if you need more info

HTH

Hi,

I believe Terry and Wilson gave you the answer to transfer all calls to AA. But are you looking to transfer all calls to AA or specific calls based on calling number?

In case you are looking for calling number based call routing, then you can achieve this starting from CUCM8.6 using translation rules with the option 'Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number'

You folks are all awesome!  I'm going to give this a go and let you know!  Much appreciated!