cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring calls from attendant console direct to voicemail using a 7861 fails.

Julie Oblak
Level 1
Level 1

We recently started using 7841 & 7861 phones for our contact center agents.  When they try to transfer an inbound ICD call directly to voice-mail it fails.  Transferring all other non-ICD calls directly to voice-mail work just fine.

We have many other older phone models that have been able to do this type of transfer without an issue for years and continue to work fine.  This seems to only be with the newer 78xx series phones.

6 Replies 6

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Is your Voicemail SCCP or SIP integrated? Also, what is the firmware you are running on your SIP phones?

Jason

Our Voicemail system has 2 different phone clusters.  One is sccp and the other sip.  Firmware of the 7861 is sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4 and the 7841 is sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4

I actually figured it out myself.  From within Cisco Agent Desktop, transfer, I entered the voicemail system number, Dial, check the Touch Tones check box, enter the persons extension, Transfer button.

Thanks

Thumbs up for you :D

Jason

One other thing that we found was that even though Cisco recommends contact center phones/ICD lines have the Maximum Number of Calls to 2 and the Busy Trigger to 1, if we increase the Maximum Number of Calls to 3 it then allows the transfer to be accomplished from the phone so it does not need to be done from CAD.  We are wondering if changing this will cause other issues with the contact center calls?

I would not change the Busy Trigger. Increasing the Max calls should be okay.

Jason