Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring Incoming Calls to multiple lines on 7960

brmmt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out.  A while ago I came across a document on the Cisco website that showed me how to transfer incoming calls to multiple lines on the same phone.  I can't for the life of me find this one again.

The scenario is I have a Reception phone (7960) that has 6 line buttons.  I want incoming calls to its extension 926 to hit line 1 first, if that line is busy I want it to trip over to Line 2 and so on.

I am using Call Manager 4.2 at the moment which is currently configured with Attendant Console.  I am moving this phone to another CUCM on 4.2 (its complicated) with a view eventually to upgrade to the latest version.  I don't want to use the Attendant Console as I know they dropped support for it in later versions opting for a standalone package.  I distictly remember this document being written for version 4.x when I found it.  It talked about creating new Calling Search Spaces like ReceptionL1_to_L2 to acheive the desired result.

Has anyone seen this document before and have a link to it?  Or could maybe suggest a better way of acheiving this?

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

Here's the reference in addition to the good info from Manish

and Abhishek (+5 each )

How Multiple Calls Per Line Work in Cisco CallManager 4.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801f3b4e.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried using a hunt pilot , hunt list and line group for this ?

Hi there,

Here's the reference in addition to the good info from Manish

and Abhishek (+5 each )

How Multiple Calls Per Line Work in Cisco CallManager 4.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801f3b4e.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

Excellent, thanks a lot for that, it was just what I was looking for.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to create roll over lines extensions for the same extension you would have to put the max calls and busy trigger on phone device page as 2 and 1 respectively.

Also make sure the first n second rollover lines have the succeeding C.S.S so that the calls get rolled over effectively.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also create the huntlist . Hunt group configuration as suggested above by Manish if there are different extensions involved

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar