cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transform caller id issue

alejo_floreze
Level 1
Level 1

I´m trying to mask my internal number (say 4141) so when someone recieves a call from me, apears as 5151 (internal calls) or XXX.XX.5151 is is an external phone.

I give up with transformation (calling) because I must create a new partition for this and don't know how to associate to my calling search spaces. Any ideas ?

Tested with Dialed Number Analyzer and no luck !!!    

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use a translation pattern for all calls from your phone that go through something like an XXXX translation pattern for internal calls to change your calling number to 5151.  The better solution would be to use calling party transformation patterns.  You configure a new partitions something like pt-ani, and a new CSS such as css-ani.  Then make a calling party transformation pattern of 4141 in the pt-ani partition and mask the number to 5151.  Now you will have to set the calling party transformation CSS of css-ani on either the device pool or device level.  This is a different CSS field than the normal one used for placing calls.  You can then do a similar thing with another partition and CSS for your gateways to make your ANI (calling party number) the full number for external calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: