Views
Helpful
Replies

transform mask for incoming calls

kp-tkr2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can i do that  inbound calling party  transformation mask  on a sip trunk .

Or If I have transform mask where should I apply on the trunk 

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Setup a new partition or use existing for Calling Party Transformations, then under Call Routing > Transformations > Transformation Pattern > Calling Party Transformation Pattern, create the replacement string you want to use for the mask.

On the device pool which the SIP trunk is a member of, set this partition to the Calling Party Transformation CSS

If you are not too familiar with all the translations and / or transformation patterns, It takes some trial and error to get the complete call flow as you expect. Dialed Number Analyzer will be your friend when testing this.

Hi Mike ,
Thank you for your reply . I am not changing device pool settings since I have only one device pool. If you go to sip trunk , you will not find an option to set the Calling party transformation css .
Thanks

Hello,

Mike is referring to the following section of the trunk configuration:CSS Trunk.png

Hope this helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi,
Sorry If I am wrong . The calling party transformation css is in the screenshot is for outbound calls ?
Thanks

1)For Outbound call You can find the settings in CUCM Trunk/Gateway Page labeled as "Calling Party Transformation CSS". By Default Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS is enabled.

OutboundCSS.PNG

2) For Incoming Call it is not labeled as "Calling Party Transformation CSS" Instead it just Says CSS, but that is the one you should use and uncheck the Use Device Pool Setting

IncomingCSS.PNG

3) Below are the Additional Details for these parameters

IncomignCallingCSS.PNG

4) Details of these Parameters

• Prefix—Cisco Unified Communications Manager applies the prefix that you enter in this field to calling party numbers that use Unknown for the Calling Party Numbering Type. You can enter up to 8 characters, which include digits, the international escape character (+), asterisk (*), or the pound sign (#).If the word, Default, displays in the Prefix field, you cannot configure the Strip Digits field. In this case, Cisco Unified Communications Manager takes the configuration for the Prefix and Strip Digits fields from the device pool that is applied to the device. If the word, Default, displays in the Prefix field in the Device Pool Configuration window, Cisco Unified Communications Manager applies the service parameter configuration for the incoming calling party prefix, which supports both the prefix and strip digit functionality.
  • Strip Digits—Enter the number of digits, up to the number 24, that you want Cisco Unified Communications Manager to strip from the calling party number of Unknown type before it applies the prefixes.
  • Use Device Pool CSS—Check this check box to use the calling search space for the Unknown Number field that is configured in the device pool that is applied to the device.
  • Calling Search Space—This setting allows you to globalize the calling party number of Unknown calling party number type on the device. Make sure that the calling party transformation CSS that you choose contains the calling party transformation pattern that you want to assign to this device.Before the call occurs, the device must apply the transformation by using digit analysis. If you configure the CSS as None, the transformation does not match and does not get applied. Ensure that you configure the calling party transformation pattern in a non-null partition that is not used for routing.

Hope that Helps

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

HI,
The requirement is ,incoming call from sip trunk 'A' shows caller ID +12345678 ,but I need only 678 .
Other than transformation pattern is there something else I can achieve the same result .
Thanks

1) You can modify the same on voice gateway using translation rules 

Or You can also use the Digit Strip setting on the Trunk/Gateway Page

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi there, 

If this requirement for call routing, then uses "Significant Digits All"  to 3 to collect only last 3 digit - Option under inbound call session in the Trunk/Gateway configuration page. 

If it for only CLID presentation, then use the method by the previous post and use the CSS option as mentioned by Hariss. 

Regards,

Shalid 

Hi,
Why css option does not help in call routing
And when you say significant helps in call routing , could you give an example
Thanks

Hi,

The css solution is working for me , but the on top it is showing the full number  like 1234567  and below it is showing the number 567  after the transformation mask  applied . 

Thanks

Hi there, 

When you configure the SIP trunk in Cisco communication manager;  you find the Inbound Call Routing Configuration under the session Inbound Calls.

Under the session Inbound Calls:

Significant Digits -  if you mention 3 - then the communication manager accept only last 3 digits and it looks for any dial pattern that matches this 3 digit with the CSS mentioned below and performs the call routing accordingly. 

Calling Search Space --> this is the key CSS for call routing for your inbound calling number. 

In your case, if the remote party called to 798687989, the call manager will take only 989 and look for the pattern that matches 989 and route the call accordingly. 
The other two sessions (Incoming Calling Party Settings and Incoming Called Party Settings) used for digit transformation.

The incoming calling party and called party session will decide what the system required to perform the digit transformation. 
When you use the calling search base in this session - Make sure that the calling party transformation CSS that you choose contains the calling party transformation pattern that you want to assign to this device.

I believe I am not making you confuse here. 

To help you further, It will be great if we can look into your configuration. could you please share all the configuration related. 

Regards,

Shalid 

How the call manager know, it should take only 989
?
2) I have created a calling party transformation mask to mask from 798687989 to 8989 and assigned
here IncomingCSS.png

and  now the problem is , on the phone display  when call receiving  from the number798687989 it shows  like below  ( on top the full number and just below  the number after transformation mask ) . 

What could be the reason 

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 3.26.08 PM.png

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: