Helpful
Replies

Transform PSTN external calls to internal CUCM directory number

kokojatnika
Level 1
Level 1

Hello masters!

First of all, thank you for your help.

I am not very familiarized with VoIP implementations or configurations, so I would like to know how can I transform or redirect an incoming call from a number of the PSTN to an internal directory number automatically. I mean, like a direct number. I have just set connection between CUCM and PSTN with SIP Trunk only without VG or CUBE. And I have an old CUCM, version 11.5

Best regards!

Koko.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let’s see if you can follow this, if not I’ll get back to you on this tomorrow with screenshots.

• Create a partition named PSTN_IN_TRANS_PT or anything that you feel describes the use case of it.
  • Create a translation pattern that is in this PT. Set the match for this to 02150890033, set called party transform to 301 and set the outbound CSS to be a CSS that has visibility of the partition where you have your directory numbers.
  • On the SIP trunk inbound CSS add the PT that you created in the first step.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Never do what you just done as that is going to expose your entire phone system and phones to your service provider. You should look at adding a SBC (Cube) in between you and the SP. Once done you’ll do the number translation in this with voice translation rules.

Without a SBC in the mix you’ll do the translations with translation patterns in CM. These needs to be in a partition that the inbound CSS of the trunk in CM has visibility of.

Response Signature

Sorry for what I did in this implementation, due to resource
limitations, we are waiting for the CUBE that we have ordered.

Therefore, we are temporarily planning this scheme, because the system
should be up and running within this week.

Thank you for the advice.

So, what's the flow to do this with your last suggestion?

For me to give you the specifics steps you’re going to have to share a bit of information about your specific setup.

In general you configure translation pattern(s) with a match statement and then you can modify the called number and pass the call onto the call routing logic in a outbound CSS on the translation pattern. There isn’t much more than that to this. You put the TP(s) into a partition that is visible in the CSS that is used as the inbound CSS on the SIP trunk defined in CM.

If you need more specific details please provide information about your setup so that I can make it more specific.

Response Signature

For simple configuration we just translate our DID number 02150890033 to
the Directory Number Extension 301. So we can receive called from external
PSTN via our SIP Trunk.

Need your advice, Please your help.
Thank you Roger

Let’s see if you can follow this, if not I’ll get back to you on this tomorrow with screenshots.

• Create a partition named PSTN_IN_TRANS_PT or anything that you feel describes the use case of it.
  • Create a translation pattern that is in this PT. Set the match for this to 02150890033, set called party transform to 301 and set the outbound CSS to be a CSS that has visibility of the partition where you have your directory numbers.
  • On the SIP trunk inbound CSS add the PT that you created in the first step.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you very much was giving me this solution. Now, my implementation have already to good incoming and outgoing calls between CUCM and PSTN. For your information I have already use / add voice gateway between them, they are can established each others.

Thank you Roger.

Regads,

Koko Jatnika

Glad you managed to get it to work. However with a gateway as an SBC in place I would recommend you to do the modifications in it instead of for in CM.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: