Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation in SRST mode only

K D
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

I am using e164 numbing standard for all my directory numbers. the format is 6188237XXXX.  I am using an Translation rule for incoming call to get

translated to 618XXXXXXXX number. This part works fine. The question is, in CUCM the site uses 4 digit for site internal calling and I have achieved it using Translation pattern.  The problem is when the WAN fails all phone registers to local gateway as a 618XXXXXXXX number. So i am not sure where the 4 digit dialing can be achieved in SRST mode. I have attached relevant config for reference.  Can you please let me know whether this will work?

TP for incoming calls to get translated in to e164 format:

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^088237\(....\)/ /6188237\1/

rule 2 /^88237\(....\)/ /6188237\1/

Below is for SRST short dilaing:

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^96\(..\)/ /618823796\1/

The fallback config is a s below:

call-manager-fallback

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

timeouts interdigit 8

timeouts busy 12

ip source-address 172.24.96.3 port 2000

max-ephones 250

max-dn 350 dual-line

system message primary ** Fall-Back Mode **

transfer-pattern .T

translate called 3

date-format dd-mm-yy

Will the above config work alright.

1 Reply 1

orochi_yagami
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

There're few ways to achieve that.

1. Create voice translation-rule to match your different sites 4 digit ext, then prepend the require number to match your out-going dial-peer.

2. From the telephony-service, you may create dial-plan to expand the 4 digit internal dialing to each respective site number.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: