cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation pattern, configuration assistance...

arada2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I  am trying to create a translation pattern, and I am finding  a lot of   difficulties. I am using H.323 gateway. I want the number (inbound) 3111500 (telco number)  to be  translated in  to a internal 3000. if make this include any other configuration in CUCM  please tell what i need to do, iam very new in CUCM.

I will appreciate your help.
3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To get proper advice on this you should post up your gateway configuration, as well as the 'significant digits' and 'prefix' assigned in the 'inbound' section on the gateway configuration page in CUCM.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Good Evening,

I'd agree with Aaron that more info is required in order to make the best possible decision on where to make this kind of translation. However, the below link should be reviewed since your new to CUCM to help understand how translation patterns work. The type of translation you've called out can also be done via the voice gateway depending upon the situation. Please provide additional info for the most accurate and suitable response.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_0_5/p3rtxlat.html

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=3

Suresh.Giridhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If ur numbr to b translated is 3111500 then have significant digits on gateway to be 7, then create a gateway inbound css that contains translation partition as first. Then create translation pattern on that partition, with pattern 3111500 and assign css that has partition of internal directory numbers. Then give change pattern to the desired number which wil b a number in Directory nber list with paftition contained in the css of T.pattern created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: