Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern not working

Hi,

i got a wierd issue.

we have 2 TP, one 8122575 (has a full DDI coming in chelmsford) and one 8151198 (has a full DDI coming in stafford)

chelsmford and stafford are 2 different locations.

the partition/css are the same for both TP.

the Called Party Transform Mask is an external number and it pre-dial 9

if i dial from external phone to the full DDI in chelmsford, i end up on the external number so it works ok

if i dial from external phone to the full DDI in stafford, it goes nowhere ...

i checked the css but cant see any reason why chelmsford tp reaches to chelmsford gw and goes isdn and why stafford does nothing

any idea?

thanks

cucm 7.1.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does dialed number analyzer show?

Are you using Local Route Groups in your environment? If so make sure the DP assigned to the non working site's gateway has proper Local route group defined.

Chris 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does dialed number analyzer show?

Are you using Local Route Groups in your environment? If so make sure the DP assigned to the non working site's gateway has proper Local route group defined.

Chris 

local Route Groups in cucm 7.1X ?!?

Can you perform a isdn 931 on your locale gw in stattford and post it. Also please give us a sh run output. Does the CSS of the GW reach the PT of the TP ?

need more details.

Thanks.

Stefan

Sure, as it was added in 7.0.2 :-)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_0_2/cucm-rel_notes-702.html#wp582609

Chris

congratz! ;)

Local Route Group does exist in cucm 7.1X :-)

and it was the issue as suggested by Chris

Hi,

Have you tried testing the call with Dialed Number Analyzer? I find that's a fantastic and often-overlooked tool for this kind of issue. If DNA shows the call will not route, it's probably a CSS issue for the Stafford gateway. If DNA shows the call will route, then it's probably a dial-peer issue on the Stafford gateway.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi

DNA said it routes but i think it wasnt using the GW ... the issue was on the DP used by the GW not having Local Route Group

thanks

Correct, DNA does not support LRG hence has no visibility into routing via it.

Chris

well done Chris!!! when you said DP, it clicked in my head ....

we re using 3 DP per sites. DP1/2 for phones etc ... DP GW for gateway ... the Local Route Group was set to none .... hence the issue...

i corrected it and all fine...

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: