cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation pattern to meeting place trunk.

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Have a sip trunk from Service Provider.. When people from PSTN dial a number it should land onto our meeting place bridge. I am able to land it to any dn on call manager thru translation pattern. But how can i land the call to meeting place. ?

Thanks

VR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So if that's the only thing they offer, you're going to need a transcoder or get them to offer G.711ulaw/alaw.  Another option would be getting the MeetingPlace server to advertise G.729.  It looks like that might be possible if you put it in High Quality audio mode- http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Planning_the_Capacity_of_your_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_System

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Route Pattern pointing to a SIP Trunk pointing to MeetingPlace.

Thanks.. I did that..  a 503:Service Unavailable is sent from the CUCM to the Service provider.

Did you see anything go out to the MeetingPlace server at all?  You may need to grab CallManager traces to see what is going on.

I see the termination code 47:resource unavailable. pls find attached image from rtmt trace.Thanks

Looks like some sort of codec mismatch.  What codecs are being offered in the incoming invite from the PSTN?  What codecs are listed in the 200OK received from MeetingPlace?  What's the region relationship between these 2 SIP Trunks?

we are using g 711.  and service provider accepts g711 as well. the 2 sip trunks use the same region as well.

Thanks

VR

Did you verify in the SIP signaling what codecs are actually being offered though?  It might be that meetingplace is only offering G.729.  You may need to look at the full traces and see what's going on with the AuConnectRequest.

We looked into the traces.. It says no transcoder device configured.. We asked the provider to use g711.. still not working.

What codecs are listed in the SDP of the 200OK from Meetingplace?  Is the provider sending Early Offer or Delayed Offer?  Most likely Early Offer.  What codecs are listed in the SDP of their incoming Invite?

I see g729 only on their invite and meeting place offers PCMA and PCMU.

So if that's the only thing they offer, you're going to need a transcoder or get them to offer G.711ulaw/alaw.  Another option would be getting the MeetingPlace server to advertise G.729.  It looks like that might be possible if you put it in High Quality audio mode- http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Planning_the_Capacity_of_your_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_System

Thanks a lot... I will ask if the provider offers g711 and post. Fingers crossed.

Thanks a ton. The provider gives g711. It works now.

oussamabachiri1
Level 1
Level 1

try to have the meeting place a ipv4_add and make the incoming PSTN calls leave as outgoing to the target as the ip of the meeting place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: