cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern to Restrict ANI CLID for Internal Calls

FPENTEADO
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cucm 10.5 on our Company that I'd like to restrict some ANI and Names to certain DN's that I'll call.

My range of number are 8000 to 8009 .

I Create a Translation Pattern 8XXX THAT Restrict ANI and put it on a Partition that comes first of Partition of Directory Number, but the Translation "doesN't work". It only works if i make a translation "equals" DN like TP 8000 and DN 8000. My translation has Urgent Priority Signed

Is there way in order to do it whitout create a Translation for each DN?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not unless you remove the partitions for the actual DNs from the CSS of those devices, and force them to match the TP.

What you're seeing is the expected behavior and it's WAD, the only time in which the order of the partitions in a CSS is used, is when 2 or more, equally good matches exist. As you have also found.

If the above is not true, then the best match will be used to route the call, independently of the position in which its partition is listed in the CSS.

8000 is a best match against 8XXX and will always be preferred.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not unless you remove the partitions for the actual DNs from the CSS of those devices, and force them to match the TP.

What you're seeing is the expected behavior and it's WAD, the only time in which the order of the partitions in a CSS is used, is when 2 or more, equally good matches exist. As you have also found.

If the above is not true, then the best match will be used to route the call, independently of the position in which its partition is listed in the CSS.

8000 is a best match against 8XXX and will always be preferred.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime. I changed it (removing PT of CSS) and works. But almost same case with Translation Pattern and Route Pattern:

TP 2[345]XXXX

RP 2[34]XXXX

Number that i called 230001. I saw the logs and Call goes to RP not to Translation Pattern. They are using different partitions, and TP has signed with Urgent Priority.

Is there anyhting that i have to do?

Kind Regards

That's the same scenario, 2[34]XXXX is a best match against 2[345]XXXX, you need to either adjust your CSS and partitions, or make them equally good matches, and place the TP partition above the RP partition in the CSS from calling devices.

HTH

java