cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern - Transformation Pattern (DIDs)

tahseensheir1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys ,

My confusion starts from the Title so please be patient on me because my head is fired up while studying Translation & Transformation pattern.

What comes to my head :

Transformation Pattern - Applied on route pattern or route lists and this to transform the called number from inside to outside the cluster through the gateway and Calling number is what I have to be appeared on the caller id of the one who receiving calls from me (Pilot number or DID) , did I got this points right ? Okay if I am right

Translation Pattern - Applied among the cluster the whole cluster only to transform extensions inside the cluster for example the helpdesk extension is 5001 and the translation pattern is "1".

That is the information the I get after studying it two times.if I am wrong please clarify ?

My confusion is what I can do in the configuration to route the calls that come from outside through the gateway to inside the cluster calling a DID inside.. for example :

Manager Extension 1001

Manager DID is 55491001

so how to map the calls that come from outside to inside for a specific DID to reach it directly or to reach the Pilot number or to reach a help desk.

My English is not so good so please for any more clarification please ask me again.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Find the below link helpful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11607256/translation-and-transformation-pattern

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Find the below link helpful

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11607256/translation-and-transformation-pattern

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Thanks you Abhay this link is very clear and that is what i already understand , my question now is if I set a translation pattern for example for 1001 with external phone number must 5564xxx so this DID will appear on the receiver caller  ID , What happens when he redial this number 55641001 , will he reach the users extension inside the cluster successfully ?

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should carefully go through the link shared by Abhay. You fully need to understand IOS dial plan component and CUCM dial plan components before you attempt for any configuration changes.

For instance specific to your question, if you want call for 55491001 to reach directly to 1001, you can set significant digits on gateway/trunk to 4 and ensure inbound CSS can see the partition of 1001. That's it.

If you want to map 55491001 to other extension say 1111, you can use translation pattern and apply called party transformation of 1111. Again you need to ensure CSS/partitions on gateway/trunk and translation pattern.

- Vivek