Views
Helpful
Replies

TRANSLATION PATTERN - UNABLE TO DISPLAY A NAME BUT NOT THE NUMBER

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to configure some abbreviated patterns for a site, so I'm using Translation Patterns, for instance:

2000 --> 0444555666 (Mobile Phone of Manager A)

2001 --> 0555666777 (Mobile Phone of Manager B)

Managers don't want to publish their mobile numbers, so I have configured Connected Party Transformations in order to mask the number. Now, when a user phones "2000", in the IP Phone display "Private" can be read.

Is there anyway to change this "Private" with a label defining the number, for instance, "Mobile ManagerA"? I have tested several configurations, but it seems that it is not possible mask the number and send the name. Can anybody help me? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

Somebody from Cisco told me that it could be possible to do it through a TCL script in the gateway. Does anybody think that this could be a good solution?

Hi,

You can achive this using Mobile Connect (Single Number Reach) instead of Translation Pattern". Just need to created a "Phamton Phone" 2001 so when the phone is called will send the call to the Mobile Phone without change de called number information...

Follow this guide.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4140

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: