Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns and Local Route Groups

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am planning some dial plan stuff for a CUCM 7.1 system and have come across a scenario where I need some clarification.

Assume two sites each with it's own Device Pool and PSTN gateway. Allocated top each Device Pool there is a Local Route Group which contains the local gateway

There is a Route Pattern to 9! which points to a Route List called PSTN_RL. This Route List contains Local Route Group.

When a phone places a call a the PSTN the call will go out of the local site gateway because of the settings in the phone's device pool.

No imagine that we create a Translation Pattern that translates the internal number 1234 to 914085264000 and that the CSS assigned to the translation pattern containing the partition with the 9! Route Pattern.

When someone dials 1234 the called number is translated to 914085264000 and the call is placed but which PSTN gateway is used to route the call? -

Translation Patterns are not assigned to device pools so what controls which gateway is selected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It still uses the LRG of the call originator. I have this working with E164 translations that go from 918005532447 to +18005532447 for example.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It still uses the LRG of the call originator. I have this working with E164 translations that go from 918005532447 to +18005532447 for example.

Hi Jonathan,

That is what I hoped would be the case!

Thank you for your answer.