Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns: Inbound Only?

TariqMK
Level 1
Level 1

I have a query regarding Translation Patterns on Call Manager:

Prior to today, my understanding of Translation Patterns was that they applied to inbound calls only as per the average call flow:

Inbound Calls:

- Provider

---Gateway/CUBE (+any translations)

------Call Manager (optional Translation Pattern)

---------Destination

Outbound Calls:

- Route Pattern

----Route List

-------Route Group

----------Trunk

-------------Gateway/CUBE

-----------------Provider

--------------------Destination

Up until today, this was my understanding (simple deployment of course).

However I have just tested a Translation Pattern where a number 123 was set up to call an external mobile number (with the breakout prefix)..and it worked.

How do we specify whether a Translation Pattern is meant for an Inbound or Outbound call?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Khan,

You cannot specify direction on translation pattern (TP). The only thing that decide that TP would be hitt is CSS\Partition. If the calling device has the partition of TP it would it the TP other wise it would not. direction is irrelevant.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Khan,

You cannot specify direction on translation pattern (TP). The only thing that decide that TP would be hitt is CSS\Partition. If the calling device has the partition of TP it would it the TP other wise it would not. direction is irrelevant.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi Jitender,

Thanks for the response.

Lets say I have a Translation Pattern to translate 333 to 123456, this is then applied Outbound.

If I want to dial an external number 33300000 (lets assume the breakout digit is also 3), what is to prevent Call Manager taking the call after I dial the first 3 digits and translating it to 123456?

If i Understand you question correctly, you can make it urgent priority and and it would go on the match on 3rd 3.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Excellent thank you.

For everyone's benefit I have copied the information regarding the 'Urgent Priority' option below:

Description:

If the dial plan contains overlapping patterns, Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not route the call until the interdigit timer expires (even if it is possible to dial a sequence of digits to choose a current match). Check this check box to interrupt interdigit timing when Cisco Unified Communications Manager must route a call immediately.

Tip   

By default, the Urgent Priority check box displays as checked. Unless your dial plan contains overlapping patterns or variable length patterns that contain !, Cisco recommends that you do not uncheck the check box.