Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation patterns with bat tool or import

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

I've noticed there isnt an option to add translation patterns in the bat tool for CUCM 6.1.2

Now i see that it may be possible with the import tool. I've tried an export then modified the translation patterns then tried to import but its looking for a csv file and not a tar file. I've tried to load both but it fails.

Has anyone achieved this and do they have a step by step guide on how to do it?

Thanks...

7 Replies 7

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Cancel that just tested ok with import and tar file...

Cheers...

So you come to the Net Pro forums expecting help; however, your reply is anything but.

Can you please share with the crowd what you found out through your trial and error?

Thanks.

It wasnt a Cisco error it was my mistake thats why i didnt add the info.

For anyone interested:

I exported the translation patterns using bat on cucm then extracted the translation csv from the rar file and changed the content then simply imported the rar file again to add the new info.

And hey presto it worked..

Hi There,

Just a quick question to this. When importing the new and corrected file, will it override the existing config or just add to the list of translations ?

mlucas1911
Level 4
Level 4

When you export the translation patterns, you'll be given a .tar file with two files in it. the first is a file called hearder.txt and the second will be called translationpattern.csv.

The header.txt file references the filename translationpattern.csv so make sure you save you're new file with the same name and your new patterns are in the .csv file. Use QuickZip or something and create a new .tar file with the two files in it (header.txt and translationpattern.csv). upload these to callmanager via Bulk Administration --> upload/download files. You can validate your file prior to importing to save yourself some headache.

good luck!

Hello,

Does your import habe to contain all TP you exported or can just contain TPs you want to add.

Thanks.

james_be_81 wrote:

Hello,

Does your import habe to contain all TP you exported or can just contain TPs you want to add.

Thanks.

Only the new ones.  You can import the old ones, but it would be a waste of resources to overwrite the configuration when there is no change.  But this is a good question, because now you also know, that if you need to change all TP in your system, an export, modify, import procedure would do just that.  Good luck.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: