Views
Helpful
Replies

translation rule for anonymous calls to voicemailbox

petipetipeti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts out there,

our secretaries had that creative idea, to send calls coming in as "anonymous" to a given voicemailbox.

Base is a H323 router with ISDN connectivity, callmanager and unity.other

I started to play around with voice translation rules that manipulate the calling number from ^$ to other some fake number. Then i wanted to send that fake number via a CTI RP to Unity.

So fare so good, but i can not get a proper translation rule / dial-peer matching for that use case. The problem to me seems that the called number is always choosen for the decision of a dial-peer instead of the calling.

Aprreciate any help. Attached is a snip of what i did so fare.

Thanks,
Ingo

2 Replies 2

Mikolaj Moryto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Depending on your design you can try these two options below on CUCM:

1. translation pattern with option “Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number”

2. calling party transformation masks for incoming calls (you can also modify calling number on the gateway to set it to specific pattern and then use calling party transformation mask on the CUCM for the specific pattern as it will not break up other calls)

Thank you,

Mikolaj

**** PLEASE RATE IF USEFUL ****

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For outbound dial-peer matching only the dial-string is used (in your case currently since its POTS to IP). "Answer-address" is part of inbound matching rule so what you see if the expected behavior. Another, I have neber seen a Anonymous as a CLID on ISDN. That is common on SIP. Are you talking about CLID or CNAME ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: